For this product from our handcrafted Collection, please follow the following sizing advice...
Place the string or tape around your head above your ear and across the mid forehead, completely circling your head. Hold the tape firmly, but not too tightly. Measure your head exactly where you want the hat to sit. It may help to either do this in the mirror or have someone to help for accuracy. Measure in centimetres. If your measurement falls between sizes, round up to the nearest half centimetre and/or email your exact measurement to our team and this note will be added to your order. For more information view our Info pages, FAQs or contact our team for advice.
We also offer a professional measuring service at the SWAINE London Burlington Arcade store.
If the Customer wishes to order something which varies from the standard options provided in the product listing (such as this model in a different colour or with the addition of some custom ribbon-work etc.), their order will need to be placed as a ‘Bespoke’ order. Please follow the link for more information about ourBespoke Range. Please contact us for more information and enquiries via email@example.com.
Custom embossing is only available on selected produucts.
If the Customer wishes to add custom embossing to their order, please select this option on the product listing and add your text as you would wish it to appear. Please note thatwe offerembossing currently in silver as standardand with a choice of position on the sweatband. Please choose a maximum of 4 upper case letters at £10 per letter. You can also include up to 3 dots and 1 dash in addition at no extra charge. Should you wish to enquire about any other format of embossing including a preference for gold embossing or blind embossing instead, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that any custom changes made to our products that differ from our standard listing, including custom embossing, will mean that this item will not be eligible for return or refund under normal circumstances. Please refer to our Returns Policy for more details.
All our hats are completely bespoke & handcrafted to order from only the finest sustainably sourced materials here at Herbert Johnson. We work closely with our fur felt hood suppliers in Portugal, choosing only the highest quality fur felt which is ordered to our exacting specifications.
All our felts are pre-shrunk during the blocking stage to avoid later shrinking as much as possible. Our rabbit is pounced to a smooth finish and a coating of protector is applied to prolong its resistance to the elements. Whilst not as dense as our beaver fur felts, our rabbit makes a very fine quality fur felt hat.
Our true grosgrain Indy ribbon is screen accurate to the original film hats, still produced to the same specifications for us by the same company using the very same machines.
This product will be handcrafted to order by our specialist hatting team at Herbert Johnson. Please email email@example.com to check our current lead time for this product.
- Lead times are variable depending on our current volume of new orders being received.
- Please note that our handcrafters fulfil orders on a first come first served basis.
- When new orders are received at our Hatting Workshop, they are entered into our making schedule in the next available position in the queue.
- Once your order reaches the front of the queue, it will take approximately 7-14 days to be handcrafted to order by our specialist hatting team at Herbert Johnson.
- The wait time for our handcrafted hats is normally approximately 8 weeks but please be aware that this can be subject to change and could be up to 16 weeks in particularly busy times.
- The wait time for our handcrafted custom bespoke orders may be longer depending on what materials & supplies may need to be especially ordered in to fulfil the order.
- If you would like to enquire about the current expected lead time for your order or prior to ordering, please contact the hatting workshop directly via firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are hoping to order your hat for a particular event, please ensure you make your order in plenty of time prior to your deadline (at least 8 weeks prior is recommended). Please inform our hatting workshop directly if your order is time sensitive and we will do our best to accommodate you.
- Our hats are carefully packaged in simple white hat boxes within a cardboard postal boxes for dispatch internationally.
- Caps will be carefully packaged in a high quality gift box within a cardboard postal box.
- Accessories items will be packaged in double layer shipping boxes.
- We ship worldwide.
- We calculate delivery costs based on the weight of each product and country to which the item is to be posted.
- Postage costs may be included in the purchase price for some items.
If you'd like to confirm stock of an item before ordering please email email@example.com.
Delivery costs are calculated on the weight of each product and country. We are pleased to provide a worldwide delivery service with FedEx & DHL.
All prices shown on our website are with UK VAT.
If you are ordering from outside of the UK please expect your local customs office to charge Duty and Tax at the applicable rate for your country.
Hat Care Advice For Fur Felts
Care: Store your hat somewhere cool & dry, preferably in a hat box. We recommend using a hat jack to help retain the hats shape. Do not stack with other hats. If your hat gets wet, leave it to dry naturally. In the case of any damage or loss of shape sustained by mishandling, then please contact your hatter for help & advice.
Cleaning: Dirt or marks should first be cleaned with a dry, soft, lint-free cloth to prevent catching or snagging. If any marks persist, try cleaning with a moist baby-wipe or mild soap and water. Care should be taken not to rub too hard. The use of any cleaning detergents are not recommended.
Leather Product & Component Care:
When not in use, store your leather product somewhere cool, dry and out of direct sunlight. We recommend using a soft lint free cloth to clean any minor dust or dirt from the surface of the leather. Try using a damp baby-wipe for any more stubborn marks but take care not to overwork it or rub too hard. Leather feed is available in store or via the Swaine Adeney website www.swaine.london. The specialist swaine Adeney leatherworkers also offer a professional care & repair service in store and via their website.