Named in honour of Thomas Brigg who formally established Brigg in 1836, we introduce our range of solid wood Brigg umbrellas.
In 1828, upon instruction from his father Charles, Thomas Brigg established a store at 23, St James’ Street in 1828 which was to be the home of Brigg for the next 115 years. Surrounded by the Gentleman's clubs of White’s, Boodle’s and Brooks, Brigg changed his trade from ladies accessories and parasols, to provide the essential trimmings of a gentleman's dress. 10 years after its founding, Thomas’ business was titled ‘Brigg - Umbrella, Cane & Whip Maker.’
Due to Thomas Brigg’s hard work and skill, the Gentleman who chooses a Brigg now knows he is not only acquiring the finest umbrella, but he is continuing a 200 year tradition of excellence and true British craftsmanship.
Historical information sourced by Katherine Prior, Published by John Adamson