This beautiful range of natural solid wood ladies umbrellas is named after Julia Brigg, the daughter of Charles, who was Brigg’s original founder in 1828.
So little is known about the wives and daughters of the Brigg family, as of that time the sons were the ones to inherit and run the company. Yet, at the very beginning of Brigg’s story, we hear of Charles’ wife Elizabeth, who worked by his side in their Charing Cross shop in 1817 and it's clear she played no small part. After Charles’ death in 1830, the shop was then inherited by his three daughters Jane, Julia and Fanny. Due to Elizabeth’s hard work and keen eye for business, and the merit of being eligible to inherit in Charles’ mind, we must conclude that these three women were of strength and mind to not only continue Brigg’s legacy, but to establish it into what it is today.
Historical information sourced from "In Good Hands" by Katherine Prior, Published by John Adamson